Imagine Cruising understands and respects the importance of your privacy and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. In providing our service to you, we must collect personal information from you and this policy outlines how we treat your personal data after it has been collected by any of our channels which include our website, call centre and any future digital services or channels as they evolve. This policy was last amended on 11th November 2016.
What information will we collect?
We may collect all or some of the following information relating to you or other members of your party:
• names and contact/address details including telephone number and email address; • credit/ debit card or other payment details (including card number, cardholder name, expiry date); • special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen arrangements; • dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs) Citizenship.
You are responsible for ensuring that other members of your party (and any emergency contact persons you specify) are aware of the content of this Policy and consent to your acting on their behalf in all your dealings with us.
Some of the information we collect (such as about health or religion) may be considered “sensitive information” under the Privacy Act 1988. We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data from you on the condition that we have your positive consent. We will seek this consent when necessary.
Some information about you and other members of your party is required to be collected under the immigration and passport control laws of Australia and countries you will visit.
This policy also applies to other individuals whose personal information is collected in the course of our business, such as applicants for employment with us and personnel of our key suppliers. We collect information that is relevant to the relationship we have with these individuals.
How will we collect this information?
We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it:
What will we do with it?
(1) We will use your name, address and credit card details to complete your booking with us.
(2) We will also use your details to manage your arrangements, send you notifications and communicate with you generally.
(3) For the purpose of completing your booking, we may have to disclose some of your information to the providers of the services making up your arrangements (who could be located outside Australia). We may also have to disclose some information to third parties in relation to customer services, credit card processing, or other services.
(4) We may need to disclose your information where required by law, where such a request is made by a legal authority.
(5) We may need to disclose our customer list including any personal information relating to you to a third party who acquires or attempts to acquire all or substantially all of the asset/ stock in our company or our website.
(6) We may also disclose information to organisations who act as “data processors” on our behalf, or to other organisations that perform business functions on our behalf, some of whom are outside Australia. These functions include administration, providing services (and contacting you where necessary), customer care, business management and operation, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business (or our group companies), risk assessment, security and crime prevention/detection, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection. It is likely that personal information will be processed in the UK & United Arab Emirates.
(7) We may from time to time contact you with information about special offers, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions. If you do not wish to receive such information, you may ask us in writing not to receive it.
We would also like to store and use your personal details for future marketing purposes (for example, emailing you our newsletter). All details you give us in connection with your booking will be kept but we will use only names and contact details for marketing purposes unless you have indicated that you do not wish us to do so.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. Outside Australia, controls on privacy and data protection may not be as wide as the legal requirements in this country. The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission to the website.
What can I do?
If you do not agree to our use of the information as set out above, you should inform us as soon as possible by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the Privacy Act 1988, you may ask us in writing for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge an administration fee) and to correct any inaccuracies in your information. We aim to respond to you within 21 days from the date of request.
You can also choose not to provide us with some of the information we request, however as a result we may not be able to complete your arrangements.
If you have a complaint about our handling of personal information, please provide details by writing to us at the address above. In most cases we will provide a written response within 30 days, unless we need more information from you to complete our investigation.
Subscribers can opt out of receiving further information from us at any time. You will also be given a fast and easy option of opting out on all communications. Email us at email@example.com to unsubscribe.
Protecting your information
We take website security very seriously and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. We take a number of administrative and technical steps to ensure the security of the information you provide to us.
Please note that our website contains certain literature and hyperlinks to websites owned by third parties. This privacy statement covers websites owned and controlled by us only. Links to other websites and any information collected by these sites are not covered by this privacy statement.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, to help improve our service and in the interest of security, we monitor and record: (1) your telephone calls; and (2) customer transactions and activities on our website. All recordings are and shall remain our sole property.
Updates and Changes
As our privacy statement may change due to developments in the law we encourage you to re read this from time to time so you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use your personal information. Any changes to this Policy will be either posted on our website, brochure and/or made available on request.